Saturday, March 21, 2015

Is it possible to be plus size and healthy ?



Recently I had my annual check up and my doctor  told me I was relatively healthy.  Twice a year I make sure to get my blood work done and also meet with a cardiologist . As a plus size women my heart  Aka the engine of the body  is to crucial to ignore . So making sure  it works  properly is of course important . I asked my doctor  is it possible to be plus size and healthy ? He told me Um No. I was like  but you just said I'm healthy . I wasn't going out and eat a pint of strawberry ice-cream , like my mind wanted to do BUT ! Relatively is the key word .He explained  in the long run your organs will start to break down .As an African American women I love having curves with a little extra meat  around the thigh and Donk area . I come from a southern background and hearty meals was every night . By medical standards I'm extremely over weight and yet I'm healthy . In the African American community hips butt and thighs are a part of the culture .  When the weight chart was designed it was not designed to include ethnicity and culture or social norms .  The most important thing in being healthy and plus size is to know your body . I am a big believer in your body talking . The body shows warning signs , people just ignore them . Listen to your body visit the doctor frequent and love your self . The more aware you are of what's going on the quicker you can make a change . I also make sure I don't overly indulge with any food that's fried , processed or has a lot of bad sugars.  Once I decided to pay attention as to what I put in my mouth I actually became healthier . I'm not saying I don't want to lose weight . I'm taking steps to be healthy not just "relatively "  
What ever body you have it's a temple and take care of it .

No comments:

Post a Comment